Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bucket List, you say?

So bj has crossed one off his list with the use of "astute." I thought I'd look it up just to be sure it was a good thing. Shows shrewdness (does that make me a shrew?) and perspicacity. Now, that's a new one - perspicacity. Perceptive, keen vision. Wow! Like that one!

Speaking of bucket lists! If you haven't seen the movie, get it and do a viewing. Very thought provoking. Humor, yes, as one would expect with Nicholson, but also touching. I saw it in a theater and was not prepared with a hankie. But its a good hankie film.

So I think I should pay more attention to a bucket list. I tend to just get through the day or week or whatever. Take whatever happens. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some very interesting things just happen.

But I really should put a little thought into what might be good on a bucket list. Places I'd like to visit mostly.  But should also include things I'd like to do. Like sing more. And get back to quilting.

I've been reaching for a few bucket list items this fall. Bought some concert tickets, in pairs. It's no fun going alone. So far, I've heard Garrison Keillor and went to a production of Sweeney Todd. Loved Sweeney. Thought it might be gruesome (was once in an amateur production so knew what to expect) but they really handled it all quite well.  Fascinating theatrics! 

Tonight it's blue grass music, a favorite of mine. And tomorrow night my sister and I are going to a concert by Michael Bublé. And I'd never even thought to put him on my bucket list. Heck, I don't even have time to MAKE a bucket list!

See you at the theatre!

No comments: