Monday, May 11, 2009

More grandkid fun

This weekend saw me at a Swine show. Hog show if you like, but D2 says its a Pig Show since they are too nice and lovable to be called Hogs. And this coming from a horsewoman!

Grandson Coy started off the morning in PeeWee Showmanship. Try to imagine, some 20 or so little kids in a pen with the equal number of pigs going in all directions. At this level they are mostly concerned with keeping track of which pig is theirs and following them around the ring. Its called driving your pig but I can't say there was a lot of driving going on. Coy actually had that bored look on his face which surprised me. He sometimes gets into this pig thing.

The big deal of the day was Brody winning the Junior Showmanship Championship. He really did a nice job but I was a little surprised he won it because it didn't seem the judge looked at him that much. I'm not sure how many there were out there.... 15 or 20, maybe more. I think the judge was watching out of the corner of his eye. Of course I think the judge was really really good.

I did get a nice picture of Brody. I'll try to figure out how to post it here.


Coy's picture is not so good.... him and half his pig.


Next weekend its back to junior rodeo for the boys, with another pig show the following week I understand. I'll have to see what room is left on my dance card.

1 comment:

Faithful said...

Enjoyed your story and pictures. Pigs are so sweet and smart. My 10 year old granddaughter wants to to 4-H this year. My boys went through the program, showed beef, sheep and hogs. I was one of the club leaders for 9 years so I spent alot of time on the side of that show ring. I loved it.