Thursday, November 20, 2008

Update

Things have been really up-in-the-air, what with being gone to convention last week, getting ready before that, now trying to clean up what we brought back. Convention with 5,000 journalism high school students and their teachers in St Louis went well. We drove and that went well as well. Had lunch at a neat place overlooking the Missouri River west of Columbia MO on the way down on Wednesday. Wow! Ambiance and food both were out of this world, at least for mid-day mid-week mid-West. Name of the place is Les Bourgeois - a winery and vineyard with the eating establishment called the Bistro. 

And then there is my personal life. I've not been in such turmoil for years and years and years. Can't go into it here but if anyone reads this and feels inclined, please pray for God to place His grace and guidance on me and my life right now. I know it is questioning God's divine plan to worry but right now it is a struggle not to. I'm trusting it will all work out (doesn't He always allow that?) but I'm really concerned about what I'm to do in the meantime and how I am to find and complete my part of it. While I believe in God's input, I don't believe we should just sit and wait in the meantime. 

My favorite story is of the man who refused to leave his home even though the water was rising. The police car came, the boat came, the helicoptor came and he always said no, God will take care of me. When he drowned and went to Heaven, he asked God, why didn't you take care of me? Why did you allow me to drown? God's answer? Well, I sent a police car. I sent a boat. I sent a helicopter. What more could I do?

Just hope I recognize the rescue when it comes by.

2 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

My God's peace surround you and his love give you Comfort.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Ranch wife said...

I can't add anything to what Les said, so I stand in agreement with her.
May Gods peace and wisdom envelope your heart and mind.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

~M~