Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Modesty in the country

Today Pioneer Woman wrote about getting caught by a cattle truck with nothing on by a curtain toga and sandals while photographing a particularly beautiful sunrise from the pond dock. Seems she noticed the moment between pjs and the day's clothes and grabbed the closest thing available, a curtain in the laundry room. I'm sure she was quite decent, and probably even stunningly gorgeous, but she apparently felt a bit "got." 

Reminds me of the time I got caught shaking the dust out of my bra. Hubby and I were working summer fallow in a field near a pasture road that went no-where except to pastures and was consequently rarely used. I had finished my terrace and was waiting for hubby to finish his before we moved to another field.

As a way to pass the time, and yes, I'll admit it, to entertain hubby, I decided to shake the dust out of my bra.  After all, there was no-one else around, right?

Wrong! Who should pass down the road, coming over the top of the hill behind me so I no idea he was even there until too late, but a local rancher. I don't know if he got an eye full or not but my husband about fell off his tractor laughing. I was oblivious of what was going on until later so I didn't even know to be embarrassed at the time. Of course when I found out, I was mortified!

Who says country living is quiet and uneventful!

1 comment:

coloradocowgirl said...

That reminds me of my most embarassing moment but I'll have to tell everyone in person. It's just not funny if you don't hear it from the horses mouth.